USB Driver Tool Does not work

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB USB Driver Tool Does not work

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jiahao Jian
    Participant

Hi

I got a problem to use the USB Driver tool for the ESP32 devkit. The tool used to work.

Windows 10 Version 2oH2 OS build 19042.685

Could you please help ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    microhaugen
    Participant

i get this message now in 2021.

Only solution is Zadig.exe

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have confirmed the problem. It happens because the VeriSign timestamping service used by VisualGDB to sign the generated drivers with a temporary certificate stopped working. We have updated VisualGDB to use a different timestamping service. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.104.3936.msi

microhaugen
    Participant

Yes, that solved it.

Thank you.

Jiahao Jian
    Participant

THANKS

OSTerhase
    Participant

We have the same errors but unfortunately the VisualGDB-5.5.104.3936.msi does not fix the problem.

We have Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise Edition installed.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, please share a screenshot of the Help->About VisualGDB window so that we could see what is going on.

OSTerhase
    Participant

Well we are using the USBDriverTool as a standalone application, downloaded directly from your website from here:

https://visualgdb.com/UsbDriverTool/

I thought I have to install VisualGDB-5.5.104.3936.msi which would fix the issue we are having but it didn’t. Until I realized, that the USBDriverTool is included within the VisualGDB-5.5.104.3936.msi package.

It works now but we have students working with the USBDriverTool which do not have Visual Studio installed on their private computers. What’s the solution for them if they do not have a license for Visual Studio? As far as I know the VisualGDB-5.5.104.3936.msi package does not support the Visual Studio Community editions?

OSTerhase
    Participant

My fault, it’s the express editions which are not supported but the community editions should work.

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, our support only covers our paid products such as VisualGDB. We will eventually release an updated stand-alone version of USBDriverTool, however we are not able to guarantee any timelines for it.

Edit: we have updated the stand-alone USBDriverTool to use the new timestamp server.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by support. Reason: updated USBDriverTool
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.