Missing libraries

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Missing libraries

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    szohar
    Participant

Hi,

I am testing the GDB with STM32H7.

I am getting errors regarding missing libraries, the ARM libraies are missing from the STM32H7, I can see in the STM32F3 the following directory C:\Users\Sharon\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\STM32F3xxxx\CMSIS_StdPeriph\Include but can see those libraries under the STM32H7. I tried to copied them from the CubeMX into my include directories but getting:
    Error #error “Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)” ADC_DMA_Test_2 C:\Users\Sharon\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\STM32H7xxxx\CMSIS_HAL\Include\core_cm7.h 103

Was trying to attach the code but your website doesn’t accept it.

support
    Keymaster

It looks like an issue in the STM32 libraries. Please feel free to contact ST support for further clarifications.

szohar
    Participant

I don’t think it is an ST issue. I was told to use the libraries from you directory and NOT from the ST library. Those libraries exist in the ST install but was recommended not to use those when using GDB and to use the one from the GDB directory.

How can I send you the project (the attachment is larger than the accepted size here).

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we will not be able to review your project. Please see the other thread you created for clarification: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/issue-using-the-arduino-blink-examples/

szohar
    Participant

Since I couldn’t find few libraries in the GDB install for the stm32H7, I copied the header file into my directory (arm_math.h,  arm_const_structs.h, arm_common_tables.h) from the ST library.

What else should I copy except the header file (.o .a) in order to use those libraries since I am getting in the linker undefined reference.

Thanks
    Sharon

support
    Keymaster

Please see the other thread you created for clarification: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/issue-using-the-arduino-blink-examples/

szohar
    Participant

I am not sure I understand “The last STM32 problem you reported is caused by trying to manually build the STM32F3-specific peripheral driver for the STM32H7 device, despite VisualGDB having a clear and automatic system for selecting the drivers and libraries that are compatible with each device type”

I couldn’t find the libraries for the H7, how do I let GDB find those libraries?

What do you mean by non relocated project?

support
    Keymaster

Please see the other thread you created for clarification: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/issue-using-the-arduino-blink-examples/

szohar
    Participant

I am not sure what you are saying and repeating.

Do you have someone that I can buy support and fix those issues?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

If ST did not provide a version of the StdPeriph library for the H7 devices, it means that this library won’t work on the STM32H7 devices.

Please also note that this is something not controlled by VisualGDB and not covered by our technical support. We are also fully booked on consulting projects for the near future.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.