Failed to profile Linux prgorame when debug as root(use sudo)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Failed to profile Linux prgorame when debug as root(use sudo)

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    linshi
    Participant

Hi,

I get the following error when profile with debugging  as root(use sudo).

How to setup and generate the correct file for it?

syscall failed: No such file or directory
    error opening /tmp/901059da-2b0a-44dd-b5e8-0de4e58dcb93-shared-mem-vgdb-80885-by-root-on-??? shared memory file

support
    Keymaster

No problem. Please let us know the email address associated with your license so that we could link it to your support profile.

linshi
    Participant

I am still using trial verison since last week,  I will purchase one  before the trial ends and some problem is solved.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like an incompatibility between valgrind and your kernel and not something directly caused by VisualGDB.

As far as our support goes, we can explain how VisualGDB launches valgrind and what modes it uses, however we would require an active license for that.

linshi
    Participant

Hi,

I am tring to get a custom edition license. I have requested for a academic discount but doesn’t get any feedback for now.

support
    Keymaster

According to our records, we have replied to your inquiry with the details on the academic license purchase.

linshi
    Participant

Hi,

I have update the license, my email is  [redacted for privacy]

Can you help me with this ?

Thanks,

Shiyuan Lin

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by support. Reason: removed personal data
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, we have linked your key to your profile. Regarding this error, please try enabling View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console and starting a profiling session without debugging.

If it still doesn’t work, please take a note of the valgrind command line shown in the VisualGDB diagnostics console. It will show the path to the profiled program and some other arguments.

Please then try manually running valgrind with that program without any other options, e.g.

valgrind /tmp/my-program

Does valgrind work when launched manually? If yes, please post the exact command line you captured from VisualGDB Diagnostics Console and the exact command that worked manually.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.