Non-existent Support

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Non-existent Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ckl1905
    Participant

Has anyone else tried to get support only to be completely ignored? I have been e-mailing support for weeks and had just one reply telling me I was blocking replies and that I should check my spam folder. Needless to say, my spam folder is, and remains empty.

I downloaded the previous major release of VisualGDB but could not get it to work as it kept telling me my environment variable needed to be set. When I let it set it automatically it just repeated the same claim when I restarted.

I recently downloaded the latest major release in the hope that the problem had been fixed, but my trial licence had expired so I’m unable to try it. I e-mailed sales for an extension and they too have ignored me.

I am absolutely staggered by this company’s lack of support when there is a potential sale. All they have to do is allow me to try out the latest major release but they refuse to respond to my e-mails.

Badly done, Sysprogs. Badly done.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have received all 6 emails from you and answered all of them within a day each. However, it looks like your spam filter is deleting our replies.

We do not know why it blocks the replies from our ticket system, but not from the forum. Either way, you can post your questions here if you prefer. We treat email inquiries and forum inquiries the same way and try to answer them within 2 business days.

Regarding that specific error, it looks like something in your system is indeed resetting the environment variables for the Visual Studio process. It could be a bug in the antivirus software, or some particular global settings you configured earlier. Either way, VisualGDB requires the VISUALGDB_DIR environment variable to point to its installation directory, which is normally configured automatically by the VisualGDB’s installer, but can also be set manually via regular Windows settings. If something is resetting that variable, you would need to find out what program is causing it, and find a way to disable it.

ckl1905
    Participant

As mentioned in my previous e-mails, I am trying to evaluate the latest major version of VisualGDB to see if the problem that prevented me from using the previous major version  – non-setting of environment variable – has been resolved.

Please would you be kind enough to provide me with a trial extension key so that I can trial this latest version?

Thank you.

Charles Law

<div id=”s3rxus9″ style=”display: none;”></div>

support
    Keymaster

You can use the following trial extension voucher to get extra 15 days of the trial: [removed]

In Visual Studio try starting the VisualGDB trial, if you have exceeded the trial days then it will fail and display a field to enter the trial extension voucher code. If you are currently using the trial then the field will also appear once your trial ends. The extra trial time will start counting down only once you use the trial extension code.

Feel free to contact us for support if you have any questions or issues setting up your projects with VisualGDB.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by support. Reason: removed voucher code
    ckl1905
    Participant

I have entered the key and the latest version of VisualGDB now runs, and does not demonstrate the problem I was experiencing before. I can now begin to evaluate the product.

Thank you.

Charles Law

<div id=”s3rxus9″ style=”display: none;”></div>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.