Installing VisualGDB 5.2 Preview 1 changes a lot of settings

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Installing VisualGDB 5.2 Preview 1 changes a lot of settings

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally VisualGDB tries to import all C++ formatting settings from regluar VS. Because those vary between different VS versions, the importing logic is quite complex and may have bugs. If you could give us an example of a specific setting that is not imported properly, we should be able to fix it.

CurtisHx
    Participant

I do remember the spaces / tabs setting was not imported correctly.  All of my other languages are configured for 2 spaces and insert spaces.  VisualGDB used 4 spaces and tabs.  Once I changed the setting back, it stayed.

CurtisHx
    Participant

Also, VisualGDB will overwrite changes made to the master Makefile other than the source files.  I manually specified the location of a library, and VisualGDB overwrote my changes.

In my project’s Makefile, I set the EXTERNAL_LIBS variable to ../bin/libDrivers.a.  After building through Visual Studio, it was changed to ../Drivers/$(BINARYDIR)/../../bin/libDrivers.a.  libDrivers.a is the output from another embedded project.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the settings on the “General, Scroll Bars and Tabs” pages do not get synchronized automatically due to the internal architecture of the VS language services. However all the advanced code formatting settings (from the Formatting pages) should get synchronized properly.

Regarding Makefile, the EXTERNAL_LIBS variable is meant to be automatically updated by VisualGDB based on the referenced projects. If you want to manually add libraries that are not otherwise references, please use the ADDITIONAL_LINKER_INPUTS variable.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.