ESP8266 project convert to Standalone

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP8266 project convert to Standalone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andrzej.T
    Participant

Hi,

When I try convert ESP8266 project to standalone, I get a message:

and then Visual Studio 2017 crashes.

A<span id=”result_box” lang=”en”>fter restarting Visual Studio and the compilation process I received a message: </span>

I could ask for help in solving the problem.

Regards
    Andrzej.T

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, looks like our bug. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.3.2348.msi

Andrzej.T
    Participant

Thanks a lot.
    But now debugging not working, the Segger J-Link debugging method has disappeared.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try installing the experimental J-Link package from http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/segger-dmsp-5.1preview1.vgdbxedp.

You can install it into VisualGDB via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

Andrzej.T
    Participant

Hi,

But I do not see the Segger J-Link debugging method.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Andrzej.T.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Could you please confirm whether the method disappeared for ESP8266/ESP32 devices or for ARM devices?

The ESP8266/ESP32 devices are not supported by the Segger J-Link GDB Stub, so the only way to use Segger J-Link with them is via OpenOCD (VisualGDB supports it). You can use this mode by selecting OpenOCD as the debug method and then picking J-Link as the interface (or switching to the “USB Devices” view and letting VisualGDB handle the debug method selection automatically).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.