CC3220 BSP Updates

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CC3220 BSP Updates

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hoterpone
    Participant

The VisualGDB support for the TI CC3220 MCU references TI’s SimpleLink v1.40.01 from about the middle of 2017.  TI has since released two subsequent versions (now 1.60.00.04), I was wondering if you have any plans to update your BSP to the current version?

Thanks,

AJ

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have updated our BSP to the latest SDK. You can install the new package via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

hoterpone
    Participant

Thanks very much!

AJ

hoterpone
    Participant

TI’s SimpleLink SDK has gone through several more revisions — they are now at v4.10.00.07.  Do you have plans to update your BSP to the current version?

I’m not sure if it’s related to the out-of-date BSP, but I just tried updating the ARM toolchain and OpenOCD to your latest and I can no longer debug my CC3220 device.  Just prior to updating this morning I had confirmed that everything worked.  I took a screenshot prior to the update that shows my original and updated versions (attached as VisualGDB Packages.png).

Thanks,

AJ

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The CC3220 devices have a considerably smaller user based compared to mainstream device families, such as STM32, hence we indeed don’t update the CC3220 BSP as often.

We should be able to update our CC3220 BSP based on the latest SDK from TI (and also help you resolve any OpenOCD issues you get), however we would kindly ask you to renew your license first.

hoterpone
    Participant

Yes of course, sorry – I didn’t realize our support had expired 2 weeks ago.  I have renewed our license.

Thanks,

AJ

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for renewing your license.

We have updated our CC3220 BSP based on the latest SDK from TI (v4.20.00.07). You can install it via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages. Please also ensure you use the latest VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7.

We have retested it with CC3220 Launchpad using the latest OpenOCD (0.10.0 2020-07-01) and it did work as expected, aside from the “most device registers are zero” error that can be safely ignored for CC3220. If it doesn’t work on your side, please share a screenshot of the error you get and we will help you resolve it.

flynnjs
    Participant

I have updated and I can confirm the network terminal example works on the CC3235 and verfied wifi working on channel 36.

I now have a sensible environment to do embedded 5GHz wifi development which is very welcome!

I too have renewed license, well worth it. As always, one step ahead of the competition, many thanks.

hoterpone
    Participant

I agree, this update appears to be working fine on my CC3220SFMOD.  I have seen a couple of build issues, but I suspect they are due to the VisualGDB update and not the BSP update.  In any case, I have reported these under a separate ticket at https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/build-errors-after-upgrading-to-visualgdb-5-5-preview-7/.

Thanks,

AJ

flynnjs
    Participant

Any chance to update this to v5.10 as  it brings a number of security enhancements (including WPA3) which we need to harden our product with?

Thanks,

Jason

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are planning to look into CC3220 update in the next 4-5 weeks. We will post an update here once we have a new BSP available.

hoterpone
    Participant

Do you have any news/schedule on the CC3220 update?

Thanks,

AJ

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry it took longer than expected with the CC3220 update, as the amount of changes to the SDK was a bit more than we anticipated. We have just released an updated BSP based on the latest SDK 5.20. You can install it conveniently via VisualGDB Package Manager.

flynnjs
    Participant

Bit late to chime in, but thanks for doing this, really helps!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.