Build errors after upgrading to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build errors after upgrading to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hoterpone
    Participant

Since upgrading the VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7 I am occasionally experiencing two different issues during rebuilds.

When first starting Visual Studio, everything seems to work find – builds succeed and I can deploy to and debug on my Texas Instruments CC3220SF microcontroller without problems.  However, after some time one of the following seems to eventually happen:

• A requested build will appear to start, but then never do anything.
      • Visual Studio behaves as if the build is in progress, but I’m unable to cancel (nothing happens when choosing Build -> Cancel from the VS menus) and I can’t close Visual Studio (“The build must be stopped before the solution can be closed”).
      • I have attached a screenshot as NoBuild.png
      • The Visual Studio IDE does not appear to be consuming any CPU. but MSBuild.exe is taking 25% CPU (presumably a full core on my laptop).
      • If I kill MSBuild.exe via Task Manager then the build cancels, and subsequent rebuilds appear to work properly.
    • During a build, I get one or more error messages that say “Warning: cannot perform inline build.  Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.
      • I’ve attached a screenshot as InlineBuild.png.
      • After the first instance of this occurring, it seems to happen on all subsequent builds as well.  Restarting Visual Studio is the only way I’ve found to fix this.

In case they are related, at the same time that I upgraded to Visual GDB 5.5 Preview 7 I had also upgraded the BSP for the TI CC3220 as instructed in https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/cc3220-bsp-updates.

Lastly, I also noticed a minor spelling mistake in the “Successfully built 2 projectss, 0 projectss failed” message that is displayed after a build – see attached Projectss.png.

Thanks,

AJ

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be caused by incomplete initialization of the floating license. First of all, please try the latest development build: VisualGDB-5.5.8.3742.msi

Then please try opening the Help->About VisualGDB window before you start the build. It will force the licensing logic to initialize and display an error message if there is any.

If nothing helps, please obtain a call stack of the MSBuild process as shown here and attach it here so that we could see what is going on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.