Build errors after upgrading to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Build errors after upgrading to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    devrope
    Participant

Sorry, the issue is still there in build 3779.
    It worked fine in build 3769.

support
    Keymaster

Strange, could you please double-check the Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Advanced Build->Show build output from VisualGDB projects setting?

Is it still set to “Regular VS Build Output Window”? Does setting Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->GUI->Build Results Window Stickiness to 0 solve it?

devrope
    Participant

The setting is still “Regular VS Build Output Window”.
    Setting stickiness to 0 doesn’t help either.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by devrope.
    support
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for confirming this. We have updated the output window activation logic to prevent it from gaining focus unless it directly receives output. Please try this build: <old link>

Update: we have tweaked the logic a bit more to handle skipped projects better. Here is the updated build: VisualGDB-5.5.8.3784.msi

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by support. Reason: new build
    devrope
    Participant

Thanks, build 3784 solved it!

hoterpone
    Participant

I had clicked the link for build 3784’s installer a few days ago to try to resolve the output window issue mentioned above, and in the last 2 days I’ve experienced another 2 instances where the build seems to get stuck (presumably because msbuild isn’t invoking the logic responsible for updating VisualGDB’s floating license state?).  Then I realized that I’m actually running build 3827 now, and the links above don’t seem to work any more when I try to re-download.  Is there an installer that I can get that you expect has both fixes?

Thanks,

AJ

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.