Cannot start debugging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Cannot start debugging

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    jlam9012
    Participant

I attached a screenshot of the call stack. let me know if this helps/ is right

support
    Keymaster

This helps partially. Please get symbols for both MSDIA100 and DDKDebugger-dbg:
    1. Download http://visualddk.sysprogs.org/DDKDebuggerPDB.zip
    2. In Visual Studio right-click on a line containing msdia100.dll, select Load Symbols -> From microsoft servers
    3. Right-click on a line containing DDKDebugger-dbg, select Load Symbols -> From file, specify the PDB file from the archive
    This should update the call stack and make it more informative. Please submit a new screenshot.

jlam9012
    Participant

Here’s the screenshot with symbols loaded

support
    Keymaster

That looks like a strange bug in VS2010. Do you have the latest service pack installed? If yes, please create a dump file using Visual Studio (Debug->Save dump as) and submit a link to it here.
    As another workaround I can suggest getting msdia.dll from VS2008 and registering it in your system. VisualDDK will automatically use it instead.

jlam9012
    Participant

I do not have the latest service pack installed. I will install that and see what happens.

jlam9012
    Participant

Installing service pack 1 did not correct the issue but using the VS 2008 .dll file did! However, now when trying to “load driver” in visualddk I do not believe it is detecting the local ip address correctly. I attached a screenshot of the DDklaunchmonitor on the VM and it only lists one local IP address…I feel like this is incorrect.

support
    Keymaster

Is your firewall blocking the connections to the target machine?

jlam9012
    Participant

I have windows firewall turned off on both the host and guest machines

support
    Keymaster

What does the launch window in Visual Studio show? What happens if you press “refresh”?

jlam9012
    Participant

Nothing happens when I press “refresh”

support
    Keymaster

Then you don’t have a network connection between the VM and the host machine. Try adding another network card in the VM settings and selecting “host-only” as the connection type.

jlam9012
    Participant

That fixed it, I am now debugging the sample driver as in the tutorial. Thank you so much I really appreciate all the help.

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there a solution found – i’ve same problem now

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.