Your Visual Studio installation appears to be missing Visual C++.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Your Visual Studio installation appears to be missing Visual C++.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rasul
    Participant

I’m using  Visual Studio 2019 and get this error when trying create new embedded project by importing CubeMX projects (GPDSC).

Old projects compiles and work without problems.

On the page https://visualgdb.com/support/getvcpp/ there is instruction to install “VC++ 2017 v141 toolset” and there is no such thing but I installed “MSVC v142 – VS 2019 C++ Build Tools for x64/x86” and other related to C++ parts. It was working ok before.

Any idea what’s wrong? There are so many options in Visual Studio install manager so maybe I’m confusing something?

Also when I create project not by “Embedded project wizard” but using “STM32CubeMX wizard” everything working fine.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Rasul.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB indeed requires the Visual C++ for Desktop Development in order to create most project types, as shown in the documentation page you linked. If you are not able to install it, please consider contacting Visual Studio support for help.

Rasul
    Participant

Ok.

It’s a bug. If I’m trying to “import an existing STM32CubeMX Project (GPDSC)” which has name “#102debug.gpdsc” then I get message “YOUR VISUAL STUDIO INSTALLATION APPEARS TO BE MISSING VISUAL C++.”.

If I remove “#” and change the name of the file to “102debug.gpdsc” then everything works fine.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, this explains it. In this case, due to the way Visual Studio handles project files, it may indeed throw the same exception it does when VC++ support it missing. As a workaround, please try unchedking the “Rename the Visual Studio project to match the imported project name” checkbox on the first page of the Embedded Project Wizard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.