WinCDEmu causes BSOD when Driver Verifier is active

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu WinCDEmu causes BSOD when Driver Verifier is active

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VulcanTourist
    Participant

Two reboots, two BSODs, after which I booted into safe mode and uninstalled WinCDEmu:

On Sun 2011-12-11 6:20:58 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:WindowsMinidump121111-145892-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys (BazisVirtualCDBus+0x137CB)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x215, 0xFFFFF880055A77CB, 0xFFFFF98005910E10, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    file path: C:Windowssystem32driversbazisvirtualcdbus.sys
    product: WinCDEmu
    company: SysProgs.org
    description: WinCDEmu virtual CDROM bus
    Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys (WinCDEmu virtual CDROM bus, SysProgs.org).
    Google query: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys SysProgs.org DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

crash dump file: C:Windowsmemory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys (BazisVirtualCDBus+0x137CB)
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys (WinCDEmu virtual CDROM bus, SysProgs.org).
    Google query: bazisvirtualcdbus.sys SysProgs.org DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

This was version 3.6. I activated Driver Verifier because I was encountering BSODs at various times that pointed to other suspects. Driver Verifier apparently brought out some unexpected bad behavior in WinCDEmu. Whether WinCDEmu was actually the proximal cause of the other BSODs remains to be seen.

VulcanTourist
    Participant

Not a peep, no acknowledgement? It was my understanding that when Driver Verifier flags a driver in this fashion that it means there *is* a problem that needs to be fixed. Is that disputed?

claushviid
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem(Win7 64 bit)

homer32
    Participant

@VulcanTourist wrote:

Two reboots, two BSODs, after which I booted into safe mode and uninstalled WinCDEmu:

crash dump file: C:WindowsMinidump121111-145892-01.dmp

crash dump file: C:Windowsmemory.dmp

This was version 3.6. I activated Driver Verifier because I was encountering BSODs at various times that pointed to other suspects. Driver Verifier apparently brought out some unexpected bad behavior in WinCDEmu. Whether WinCDEmu was actually the proximal cause of the other BSODs remains to be seen.

Hello,

mine is also 3.6 and I am having the same problem and I have wasted so much time with this, did you find a solution?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.