WinCDEmu 3.3 uninstall

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu WinCDEmu 3.3 uninstall

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I tried to install and run WinCDEmu 3.3 on Windows 7. After double clicking a .iso, the device driver install hanged, until I decided to reboot after 15 minutes (and It’s a fast machine). During reboot, shutdown hangs. Pressing reset switch and rebooting, I then tried to reinstall the program, but nothing got fixed. Reboot….. OK, when I try to uninstall, the uninstall program just exits without uninstalling anything. Please, I would just like to get rid of this thing, unassociate the file types from this program, and use another iso program. Any suggestions?

support
    Keymaster

Do you have any cd burning software installed? Something that can interfere with CD drives?
    As for the uninstall, I have fixed it in WinCDEmu 3.3-1. Just download the updated file and install it over the old one. Then the uninstall will work.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincdemu/files/wincdemu/3.3/WinCDEmu-3.3-1.exe/download

Anonymous
    Participant

This update (3.1.1) did not help. During the install, a warning popped up saying that it could modify something in the registry. Re-running the installation with Administrator privilege, the error message still appeared. (I dare not try to run this install again–see rest of message.) I mistakenly assumed it worked, so I gave ISO mounting another try… did not work, again. Hung on shutdown. This time, on reboot, the system detected that it is NOT GENUINE WINDOWS OS (Windows 7 Home Premium). Then, Microsoft Essentials complained about it after login. Unfortunately, I cannot tell what is going on because the system logs don’t seem to have anything apparent.

This software needs work. I might suggest that when installing or uninstalling, please create a log file of every single file, directory, registry change, and a backup if you change anything. That way I can go through and understand why install/uninstall/mount failed and how to undo changes to my system. Also, please use the event logger to log problems when mounting an ISO. Unfortunately, I now need to fix my system because I don’t trust this software at all: scan with multiple AV programs to see if this software injects anything, run diskchk to see if it trashed my FS, look for rootkits, recover any system files changed, manually go through regedit and fix leftovers, etc. A lot of wasted time…

I used to run PowerISO (worked fine), but I uninstalled that before trying this software. Going back to PowerISO and will wait a while before trying this software again…

support
    Keymaster

That is really wierd. I tested the latest version on Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista and Win7 both x86 and 64 and could not reproduce any problem Please check your system for viruses.

Anonymous
    Participant

I am having a similar issue with WinCdEmu. How do I do a complete manual removal of the software? My Windows 7 system still has a reference to the ASPI32.sys driver, and is causing a system crash.

support
    Keymaster

ASPI32 is not related to WinCDEmu. It is most likely a leftover from some other CD burning software (e.g. iTunes)

Anonymous
    Participant

the download for 3.3-1 no longer exists…

support
    Keymaster

Please use the download link for the signed version instead (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincdemu/files/wincdemu/3.3/WinCDEmu-3.3-signed.exe/download)

Anonymous
    Participant

Also having problems here. Windows Vista 64 bit. I’ve been waiting for the signed version. I installed it today, launched a .cue file and it took about 5 mins while an “installing driver” message looped. It finally completed and I tried launching a .cue file again but nothing happens. I attempted to uninstall WinCDE and the uninstall program just sits there doing nothing. If you click uninstall again it says “please wait while the software is uninstalled”. Seems like this release needs more bug fixing but in the meantime can we have an uninstall work around please?

support
    Keymaster

OK. You might be having the problem related to the CDROM filters. Please do a search for GearASPIWdm in this forum and read the problems others had and the solutions they used. If you still have problems, you’re welcome to post here (please create a separate topic, though).

Anonymous
    Participant

OK thanks for the help. It’ll be a couple of days as I have overtime on at work 🙂
    I should add that I’m very grateful for the development of the tool. I appreciate it takes a lot of hard work and its a great project concept.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.