Web Page Android SDK ?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Web Page Android SDK ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bfx
    Participant

Hi,

(my license upgrade purchase is in progress by our purchase department 🙂

I’m writing some documentation for others in our group.  I was looking for a web page on your website which I can’t find. It was the web page that had a link to the Android SDK 24.4.1 download.

Basically, what has happened is Google has removed Ant from the Android SDK.  I think this is a horrible idea, because the Ant / NDK-build system works very well, and I’ve been going through hell with Android Studio and Gradle.  I want to continue using Ant as long as possible (please don’t remove it from VisualGDB!! )

So, using Android SDK 24.4.1 is important now.  The latest SDK doesn’t have the SDK manager, nor Ant.  To be honest, I think adding Ant back in manually is probably not hard, just add the ant/build.xml back (I think). The Ant download is from Apache’s website anyway.

Anyway, can you point me to the URL of your site that had the Android SDK download link?

Thank you

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Google indeed removed support for Ant-based builds from the latest Android SDK, switching it to Gradle and CMake.

The latest VisualGDB 5.4 fully supports both Ant-based builds with the older SDKs and the new CMake-based builds with the latest SDKs, so you can use any of those build systems depending on your requirements/preferences.

You can download SDK 2.24.1 directly from Google (we cannot mirror their packages due to copyright restrictions, but are happy to share the official download links): https://dl.google.com/android/installer_r24.4.1-windows.exe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.