warning : ignoring old recipe

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB warning : ignoring old recipe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ken Macfarlane
    Participant

How can I stop my Makefile from doing this?

1>C:\ST_HALs\MyVisualGDBProjects\F7Stuff\pHProbeText-basedUI\Makefile(441): warning : ignoring old recipe for target `Debug/LCDConf.o'
    1>C:\ST_HALs\MyVisualGDBProjects\F7Stuff\pHProbeText-basedUI\Makefile(493): warning : overriding recipe for target `Debug/stm32f7xx_hal_uart.o'
    1>  C:\SysGCC\arm-eabi/bin/arm-eabi-gcc.exe -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0   -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -I../MySources -I../../../F4Cube/Projects/STM324x9I_EVAL/Applications/STemWin/STemWin_HelloWorld/Inc -I../../../F7Cube/Middlewares/ST/STemWin/inc -I../../../F7Cube/Projects/STM32746G-Discovery/Applications/STemWin/STemWin_HelloWorld/Inc -I../../../F7Cube/Drivers/BSP/STM32746G-Discovery -I../../F7_F4_Common -I../../../F4Cube/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../F4Cube/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F4xx/Include -I. -IC:\Users\KENMAC~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F7xxxx/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -IC:\Users\KENMAC~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F7xxxx/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -IC:\Users\KENMAC~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F7xxxx/CMSIS_HAL/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -IC:\Users\KENMAC~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F7xxxx/CMSIS_HAL/Include -IC:\Users\KENMAC~1\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F7xxxx/CMSIS_HAL/RTOS/Template -DDEBUG=1 -DDEBUG_DEFAULT_INTERRUPT_HANDLERS=1 -DPROCESSOR_IS_F7=1 -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DSTM32F746NG -Dstm32_flash_layout -DSTM32F746xx  -c ../../../F7Cube/Drivers/BSP/STM32746G-Discovery/stm32746g_discovery.c -o Debug/stm32746g_discovery.o -MD -MF Debug/stm32746g_discovery.dep
    1>  make: *** No rule to make target ../LCDConf.c', needed byDebug/LCDConf.o'.  Stop.

i.e. it doesn't compile LCDConf & then complains that it doesn't know how to compile it.

I can get round this by recreating the project, but that’s a pain once the project has grown arms & legs!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by support. Reason: formating
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a possible conflict between the 2 rule definitions (or explicit and implicit rule definitions). Could you post the entire Makefile here or search it for references to LCDConf.c and check if they match the actual file location?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.