VS2019 Mbed Project Wizard

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VS2019 Mbed Project Wizard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kucza
    Participant

I’am trying to setup Mbed project throught Mbed Project Wizard. But on second step I got “Mbed did not report any targets”. Picture in attachment. Any tips?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, some mbed tools (e.g. Python environment) are corrupt. Please try this build, it will display more information about the errors: VisualGDB-5.5.2.3426.msi

If some mbed tools fail to launch, please try deleting the entire Python environment containing them and let VisualGDB re-install it from scratch. If nothing helps, please check whether the mbed tools reported in the error details can be launched manually. If not, please check your antivirus for false positives.

kucza
    Participant

Run “C:\Users\info\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\Python3\scripts\mbed.exe compile –supported” in directory “…       failed to create process.

Then I have deleted Python3. VisualGDB have found missing Python and let me download it again. This time I chose 2.7 version and looks it works now.

Thank you for support.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by kucza.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem. We have double-checked it and indeed the precompiled mbed binaries for Python 3 would not work on some machines.

We have updated VisualGDB internally to launch the .py script instead, that should resolve the problem. This fix will be included in the upcoming VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 3. Until then, using Python 2.7 instead of 3.x should be the best workaround.

coder1928
    Participant

In my trial version of visualGDB, I tried to start an embed project.  The wizard directed me to install python 2.  However, once installed, the wizard then informs me that “The selected Python environment does not contain mbed scripts”.  There is a option to “Install mbed-cli package”.

The problem is that the option to install the mbed scripts brings up a progress bar, which immediately exits without successfully installing the package.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try deleting the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\Python* folders, updating to VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 4 and then install Python 3.x via the VisualGDB Project Wizard. This will get the correct version of Python with pre-installed mbed scripts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.