VisualGDB doesn't recognised a Visual Studio 15 installation?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB doesn't recognised a Visual Studio 15 installation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    georgeedwards
    Participant

I have just installed the Visual Studio 15 lightweight installer preview for the enterprise edition of Visual Studio. Here are the full details:

However, when I run the Visual GDB installer I get an error saying that no edition of Visual Studio has been recognized…

Does this definitely work and if so, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like your VS installation might be missing some components that are required to detect its location. Please try installing the full version.

georgeedwards
    Participant

As noted in our email correspondence, this is the lightweight installer version of Visual Studio 2015. Do you know which modules I need to install? I currently only have C++ and the core modules.

support
    Keymaster

We did not investigate this yet. VS detection is actually managed by an installer plugin provided by Microsoft (part of the WiX toolset), so by the time of the final release Microsoft will most likely resolve this on their side. Does the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0\InstallDir value point to the installation directory? If not, please try creating it similar to the previous versions. If yes, something more deep is causing the problem, so we would recommend installing the full version until Microsoft fixes the detection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.