VIsualGDB changed my file permission

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VIsualGDB changed my file permission

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jiakai1000
    Participant

I create a Linux Makefile solution with VisualGDB,and choose ‘copy source locally and upload’,when VisualGDB uploaded my souce code to Linux, all files were added execute permission,and git committed this modification which I don’t want to,is there a way to solve this?thanks!

aronrubin
    Participant

I also vote for this. Especially on overwrite permissions should be preserved. More generally, unless the file is a binary or script, I don’t want execute set.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. We have added an option to explicitly specify the executable file extensions under Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Common->SSH in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2172.msi

We could also add support for preserving permissions, although in our experience not all tar versions support the advanced options (VisualGDB generates tar archives on-the-fly to upload large file sets), so this might cause more trouble than convenience.

aronrubin
    Participant

Another thought is to use magic ala the “file” command or the corresponding library, libmagic, with MAGIC_MIME_TYPE. I would rather have an exclude list if all executables and scripts were included by default. Executables approximately defined by application/x-executable, application/x-sharedlib, application/x-archive, application/x-coff, application/x-coffexec, application/x-dosexec, application/javascript, text/x-shellscript, text/x-awk, text/x-gawk, text/x-nawk, text/x-python

• This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by  aronrubin.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. As this is a fairly low-impact issue, we don’t want to add another dependency to a 3rd-party library like libmagic, however you could work around it by running it on your side and generating a list of exceptions to include/exclude.

To facilitate this, we have added support for the exclusion syntax to this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2187.msi

You can now use the “-ext1;-ext2;*” syntax to treat all file extensions except the explicitly entered exceptions as executables.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.