VisualGDB 4.2 Bugs

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB 4.2 Bugs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ralphc
    Participant

Hi,

I appear to have discovered two bugs in the recent release of Visual GDB (4.2). The first occurs when I try to clean a project shared with my Linux device using Windows sharing to share the source code folder. Here’s the output I get:

1>

Clean started: Project: VisualGDB42Test, Configuration: Debug Win32

1> VisualGDB: Attempting inline build…
    1> VisualGDB: Testing shared folder-based mapping C:DevelopmentSamplesVisualGDB42Test <=> 192.168.1.202:/home/linaro/development/VisualGDB42Test…
    1> VisualGDB: Trying to create C:DevelopmentSamplesVisualGDB42Testvgdb183698055.tmp…
    1> VisualGDB: Run “make CONFIG=Debug clean” in directory “/home/linaro/development/VisualGDB42Test” on root@192.168.1.202 (SSH)
    1> rm -rf Debug
    1> rm: cannot remove `Debug/VisualGDB42Test.log’: Text file busy
    1> make: *** [clean] Error 1
    1>

1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: make
    1> Arguments: CONFIG=Debug clean
    1> Directory: /home/linaro/development/VisualGDB42Test
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(33,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /clean “C:DevelopmentSamplesVisualGDB42TestVisualGDB42Test.vcxproj” “/solution:C:DevelopmentSamplesVisualGDB42TestVisualGDB42Test.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code -1.
    ========== Clean: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

The problem appears to be due to the log file written in the Target folder. I’ve looked in the settings but can’t find a way of changing the output path of the log file. If I choose the option to copy the source files across to the remote device it works. I need to use Windows sharing due to the size of my project. I didn’t have this issue with the previous version of VisualGDB.

The second bug is that if I click on Tools->SSH Host Manager, then open the console and move the console window I get an unhandled exception. Here’s the stack trace.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at cy.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResizeBegin(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmEnterSizeMove(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The second bug is not too important to me but the first makes working very difficult for me so I’ve had to download the previous version. I did email your support team but I’ve had no reply. Hopefully, you’ll answer me on the forum.

Thanks,

Ralph

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we are still investigating the NullReferenceException issue. We should be able to provide an update by the end of this week.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. We have found and resolved the NullReferenceException issue. The fix will be available in the next maintenance release (r4). Let us know if you want an earlier build.
    Regarding the ‘clean’ problem you can go to Visual Studio Project Properties (not VisualGDB Project Properties), General page and clear the “Build log file” field or relocate it outside of the ‘Debug’ directory. Then it won’t interfere with the clean command.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.