VGDB can't find com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbu …

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VGDB can't find com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbu …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GeneM
    Participant

I’m trying to import a STM32CubeIDE project into VGDB 5.5R5 (build4124) using the “Import an existing STM32CubeIDE/SW4STM32 Project” button and am getting the error below.  I’ve done this in the past with other CubeIDE projects but several VGDB versions ago.  I can’t find any .script file anywhere in any of the STM32CubeIDE or VGDB projects I’ve created in the past.  Any suggestions about what I’m doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.

VisualGDB version: 5.5.105.4124
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Missing com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.linker.option.script
    at STM32IDEProjectImporter.STM32IDEProjectImporter.ParserImpl.OnParseFailed(Exception ex, String sampleID, String projectFileDir, String warningText)
    at STM32IDEProjectImporter.SW4STM32ProjectParserBase.ParseSingleProject(String optionalProjectRootForLocatingHeaders, String projectFile, String[] virtualPathComponents, String boardName, List1 extraIncludeDirs, ProjectSubtype subtype, List1 result)
    at STM32IDEProjectImporter.STM32IDEProjectImporter.ImportProject(ProjectImportParameters parameters, IProjectImportService service)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Embedded.EmbeddedProjectTypePage.ControllerImpl.CommitPage(k1 commitMode)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow.ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil(Int32 pageIndex)
    trace=[STM32IDEProjectImporter.STM32IDEProjectImporter+ParserImpl.OnParseFailed:0, STM32IDEProjectImporter.SW4STM32ProjectParserBase.ParseSingleProject:356, STM32IDEProjectImporter.STM32IDEProjectImporter.ImportProject:5, VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Embedded.EmbeddedProjectTypePage+ControllerImpl.CommitPage:264, VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow+ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil:122]

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by GeneM.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, you are trying to import a project generated with an older version of  the STM32CubeIDE that specifies some settings differently. The easiest way to get it working would be to compare its .cproject file against one of the .cproject files that get imported successfully (e.g. from the STM32 SDKs), specifically looking for the com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.tool.c.linker.option.script option.

If it doesn’t help, please feel free to attach the .cproject file (please place it into a .zip archive if you would like to attach it here) and we will recheck why the STM32IDE importing plugin doesn’t work with it.

GeneM
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.  I’m using STM32CubeIDE version 1.6.1 which is think the newest or pretty close to it.  My previous attempts to import a CubeIDE project into VGDB were pretty straight forward but definitely with previous versions of both IDEs.  I can see several lines in the current .cproject file with the suspect option in them but I can’t tell what might be wrong so I attached a .zip.

Thanks again

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by GeneM.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks, it looks like the project file is using a slightly different way of specifying the linker script, that breaks our project importer.

Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.1.4131.msi

GeneM
    Participant

That worked perfectly.  Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.