"Value cannot be null" error when create new Advanced CMake Project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB "Value cannot be null" error when create new Advanced CMake Project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kurt
    Participant

Hi guys,

When I create a new Advanced CMake project, I get the mentioned error in the “Linux computer selection” tab.

Value cannot be null
    Parameter name: collection

VisualGDB version: 5.4.1.2081
    —————— System.ArgumentNullException ——————
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: collection
    at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Linux.LinuxTargetPage.ControllerImpl.TestCurrentSettings()
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Linux.LinuxTargetPage.ControllerImpl.CommitPage(b commitMode)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow.ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil(Int32 pageIndex)

Most likely just a minor bug with this development build.  Any quick way for me to bypass this error without having to revert revisions?

kurt
    Participant

Ok, it seems like a toolchain file problem.  As a workaround, I just choose “Default GCC ..” to get past the wizard, then change the toolchain file after the project has been created.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works now. If you could let us know what were you selecting before (VisualGDB should normally gray out the ‘next’ button if no toolchain is selected), we should be able to add better handling for this (it might be also already fixed in the recently released v5.4 Preview 1).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.