updated version of MSP430 toolchain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB updated version of MSP430 toolchain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jose
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating VisualGDB to use with MSP430.

So I’ve failed to work with it because the MSP variant that I’m working is not supported. I can see that’s because the toolchain version (4.6) is quite outdated.

Question: any plans to provide an update version for current official release (which is 4.9, I think)?

Thanks!

Jose
    Participant

Anyone? Please…

I suspect that your reply is probably going to be pointing me to the instructions on how to build a toolchain. Nevertheless I was expecting an “official” release of an updated version.

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have looked into the new TI MSP430 toolchain. Although it is based on the newer tools, it currently contains one major bug: if you use the -ffunction-sections flag that helps removing unused code from your binary, the debug symbols become unusable.

We have repackaged the toolchain (without TI proprietary tools) and uploaded it together with a one-click installer here: http://gnutoolchains.com/msp430/

Remember to remove the -ffunction-sections flag from the debug configuration flags, as otherwise you won’t be able to debug your code.

Jose
    Participant

Hi Bazis,

Awesome! I’ll resume my trial of VisualGDB right away.

Excelente support, btw. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.