unknown package file signature when try to install package for esp32 in arduino

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB unknown package file signature when try to install package for esp32 in arduino

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SHA
    Participant

Dear Support,

I get this message  “”unknown package file signature “” when I try to install ESP32 package in Arduino project,

can help please ?

BR

SHA

support
    Keymaster

This looks like something coming from the ESP-IDF subsystem itself, most likely an incompatibility between the ESP-IDF and the Arduino package.

Please follow our ESP-IDF Arduino tutorial to the letter, including the exact versions of the packages. The ESP-IDF subsystem is very fragile and may not work with other combinations of versions.

SHA
    Participant

Thanks for your reply,

the build process very complicated , plus most of new versions form different from the tutorials , hope to update it

Till now i failed with creating blink led project , not complex project !

regards

support
    Keymaster

The ESP-IDF framework is indeed very complicated and may not always work out-of-the-box. Generally, if you believe that a certain version of ESP-IDF doesn’t work at all, please request help on the ESP32 forum. On the other hand, if the framework works as expected (e.g. the project builds successfully via command line), but VisualGDB does not work together with it, we should be able to fix it as long as you are using an official ESP-IDF release and can provide sufficient details for us to reproduce the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.