Unable to create remote project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Unable to create remote project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    speedpacer
    Participant

We’re evaluating VisualGDB and I’ve ran into an issue… I have a remote project already located on a Linux server. I’d like to use VS to develop/compile/debug remotely.  I choose New Project->Linux Project Wizard and put it in “C:\cygwin\home\[Username]\[ProjectName]\[Subfolder1]\[Subfolder2]\[Subfolder3]” and give it a name and uncheck “Create directory for solution”.

Next, I choose “Import a project built with command-line tools”. Next, I choose “Build the project under Linux over network” with my pre-configured Remote Computer and the Default GCC toolchain.

Next, I choose “The sources are already on [Servername] and locate the path… (I’m really disappointing that it doesn’t dump me in my home directory here. In addition to developing, I’m also the systems admin and some of my users are going to have trouble finding their projects because our home directories are on a NAS, and they’ve historically had trouble following instructions).  Next, I choose “Copy sources locally and upload modified files during build”.  Next, I locate the “Executable file to debug” and Finish.  Then I get an error, “The project cannot be created because another project already exists in the folder, “C:\cygwin\…”.

The directory does not exist before I create the new project but it does after I go through these steps. I’ve tried deleting the folder and it’s contents both via Windows Explorer and “rm -rf” from the Cygwin terminal and go through all of these steps again and get the same error.

Any ideas?

Donnie

support
    Keymaster

Most likely the problem happens because Visual Studio confuses some of the files downloaded from the remote machine with its own project files and refuses to create the project.

Please share the following:

• The exact directory of your project and the project name
    • The screenshot of the message
    • The contents of the directory when Visual Studio shows the error message

This should help us understand which files could be interfering with Visual Studio project creation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.