two question for visualgdb

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB two question for visualgdb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ronaldinho
    Participant

soory for my poor english:

1 i am use a compute which ssh port is not on 22,i hope i can sepercific the port
    2 in the ssh host manage i connect to a machine ,it auth pass ,but alwayse wait on the configure,why? it uname -a return was not common string ,dose it have something with it?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can override the SSH port by specifying host:port in the “host name” field.
    During “configuring” stage VisualGDB adds your public key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. If it hangs in this stage, please check whether the file is writable.
    You can also disable the “setup public key authentication” and use the password instead.

ronaldinho
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Hi,

Yes, you can override the SSH port by specifying host:port in the “host name” field.
    During “configuring” stage VisualGDB adds your public key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. If it hangs in this stage, please check whether the file is writable.
    You can also disable the “setup public key authentication” and use the password instead.

oh 3ku very much 🙂 ,I will try it .

ronaldinho
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Hi,

hello ,now i found another problem, i cancel check the “setup public key authentication” ,and it doesn’t blocked, but when the dialog closed, the whole vs2012 does not respond. i have to close it forcibly.
    i guess it was checking the toolchain, when i create a new project ,in “linux coputer selcection” step ,i selete create a new ssh comnection, normally ,it wil check the tool chain and go to the “source code access” step , but when i specifies the computer it also lead to the whole vs2012 none-respoding.
    the computer i specified is a “compile environment” that i connect it with ssh it will chroot to a directory separated from other users.
    dose it have something wrong with visualgdb or can you help me with it ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Chroot can be a problem here. Public key authentication setup requires access to /.ssh and if it becomes unavailable as a result of the chroot call, VisualGDB cannot physically do the setup.
    You can do the setup manually by running VisualGDB.exe /dumpsshkey:file.txt and then appending the contents of file.txt to
    /.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.