Two issues related to SSH Connections

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Two issues related to SSH Connections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BitFlipper
    Participant

Hi,

I have two issues related to SSH connections. One looks like a bug, the other is a usability issue or a future request:

1. I configure various SSH Connections with aliases. However it seems VGDB keeps forgetting the whole list of aliases whenever I add a new connection or remove an existing connection. This includes the aliases I didn’t change. This requires setting up the whole list again from scratch every time I make a change.
    2. I run various pre/post debug scripts, and some of these require passing in the username and/or address of some of the machines for which I created SSH Connections in VGDB. While I can create custom variables and define connection username and/or addresses there, there doesn’t seem to be a way to enter a a username and/or address in one place only and then use it everywhere. I mean, I need to create an SSH connection, and enter the username/address there. Then I also need to enter the same address in a custom variable so that it can be used as a parameter to a script. Is there a way to let SSH Connections use custom variables, or alternatively define a custom variable from an existing connection? For example, it would be nice to pass as a parameter to a script something like $(MyDebugHostAlias.address) or $(MyDebugHostAlias.username)
    BitFlipper
    Participant

I have since noticed that the whole list of aliases gets deleted simply by going to the SSH connections dialog and looking at the list of aliases. I was in a debugging session and right after it finished I went into the SSH connections settings and all aliases were gone.

Once the aliases are gone, if I then open the VGDB settings, it first shows a dialog complaining about the missing aliases and when closing the dialog box, only shows a blank page in the settings dialog.

Definitely a bug.

BitFlipper
    Participant

Please ignore the issue related to losing aliases. The bug is in my dev framework (a rogue script was doing bad things).

The other issue, #2 isn’t a big deal, just a nice to have.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We could easily add variables like $(BuildUserName) and $(BuildHostName) and similar ones for deployment machine. Would that be helpful?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.