Toolchain Test Failed

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Toolchain Test Failed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Latest update broke the toolchain? Is there a solution for this?

my application is now also failing to build

I just updated to latest VisualGDB and my project fail to compile. I am seeing this error when it tries to test

Tool arguments: -Wl,–start-group “C:UsersSteveAppDataLocalTemp/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.o” -o “C:UsersSteveAppDataLocalTemp/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.bin” -Wl,-gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -TC:UsersSteveAppDataLocalVisualGDBEmbeddedBSPsarm-eabicom.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F4xxxx-HAL/LinkerScripts/STM32F429xI_flash.lds -mfloat-abi=hard -l$$com.sysprogs.toolchainoptions.arm.compactcpp$$ -Wl,–end-group
    c:/sysgcc/arm-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.9.1/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l$$com.sysprogs.toolchainoptions.arm.compactcpp$$
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Anonymous
    Participant

Also something up with the “Command line” failing when it try’s to run the RM command to clean the target config dir

After the last update VisualGDB is now broken. Can’t compile, can’t clean. I would appreciate some assistance getting this working again.

1>

Clean started: Project: Havoc, Configuration: Debug Win32

1> VisualGDB: Run “cmd.exe /c “C:SysGCCarm-eabibinmake.exe” CONFIG=Debug clean” in directory “C:ProjectsDPRGDiscoveryHavocHavoc” on local computer
    1> rm -rf Debug
    1> rm: cannot remove directory `Debug’: Directory not empty
    1> make: *** [clean] Error 1

1>

1> Command exited with code 2
    1> Executable: cmd.exe
    1> Arguments: /c “C:SysGCCarm-eabibinmake.exe” CONFIG=Debug clean
    1> Directory: C:ProjectsDPRGDiscoveryHavocHavoc
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(33,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:Program Files (x86)SysprogsVisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /clean “C:ProjectsDPRGDiscoveryHavocHavocHavoc.vcxproj” “/solution:C:ProjectsDPRGDiscoveryHavocHavoc.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code -1.
    ========== Clean: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Anonymous
    Participant

Also on several of my existing projects I now get this new error, which compiled before the update without the error.

Error 2 error : ‘TICK_INT_PRIORITY’ undeclared (first use in this function) C:UsersSteveAppDataLocalVisualGDBEmbeddedBSPsarm-eabicom.sysprogs.arm.stm32STM32F4xxxx-HALSTM32F4xx_HAL_DriverSrcstm32f4xx_hal.c 175 16 Havoc

even though I can see its declared in C:UsersSteveAppDataLocalVisualGDBEmbeddedBSPsarm-eabicom.sysprogs.arm.stm32STM32F4xxxx-HALSTM32F4xx_HAL_DriverIncstm32f4xx_hal_conf_template.h

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The rebuild error is a known issue and can be safely ignored. Simply build the project afterwards and it will build properly.
    The TICK_INT_PRIORITY issue can be solved by regenerating the Device-Specific files folder (change the MCU type and restore it back in VisualGDB Project Properties).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.