Toolchain path broken after any minor update

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Toolchain path broken after any minor update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    R2COM
    Participant

This stuff already starts getting on my nerves; i start VS, i see the message about new package for ARM/toolchain, i just update. NExt thing what happens is “uint32_t” is not recognized or similar multiple errors.

even worse, suddenly i saw that somehow my toolchain downgraded to version 5.4… although i did install 5.5 beta. can this nonsense be solved somehow? do you guys regularly test your tool?

R2COM
    Participant

it was such a mess that the only way to solve problem was to close VS, install 5.5 again, create new project, and copy in source files.

please make sure that update procedures are not painful!

support
    Keymaster

We do test toolchain updates with VisualGDB and it should normally work out-of-the-box. Most strange errors like this one happen when trying to apply several changes at the same time and ignoring various error messages, or by modifying the project structure directly, hardcoding the paths that should be normally referenced via variables.

If you often modify the projects manually, please make sure you read this page first. It explains the embedded project structure in detail.

That said, if you can confirm that installing a specific update consistently breaks some functionality, and provide repro steps for us to reproduce the problem on our side, we should be able to fix it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.