The variable value is not display

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB The variable value is not display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    portsip
    Participant

My project linked to 3rd library, and that library has a class named TransactionUser, but in visual gdb that variable doesn’t display its value.

Please see attached the screenshot, the “tu” variable value is {}, why ? How to solve it ?

The mProxyConfig is the class in my project and display correctly.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try switching the GDB Session window to the “All GDB Interaction mode”, reproduce the problem and then locate the relevant lines from the log. If GDB indeed reports the variable as empty, the source file declaring it might have been built without debugging symbols (-ggdb flag). If this is this case, please check with the library vendor for a debug-enabled version of the library.

portsip
    Participant

I think that is none of the 3rd lib debug information.

Since I defined the tu variable in my project, whatever the 3rd library compile mode I must can watch the tu variable value.

Please see attached the screenshot with “All GDB Interaction mode”,  when I move mouse over the tu variable, the error is appears.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, it’s hard to see the relevant text from the screenshot. Please post the text version so that we could see what is going on.

portsip
    Participant

I have been sent email to Sysprogs support <ticket@sysprogs.com> with all stuffs, please check and reply in email.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed log. We have replied per email and will also post a copy here (without any project-specific references) in case anyone else encounters a similar issue.

It looks like the gdb executable you are using indeed reports that the “tu” variable has 0 children:

-var-create --frame 0 --thread 1 - * "tu"
    ^done,name="var1",numchild="0", <...>

It also looks like you are using a fairly old version of GDB:

GNU gdb (GDB) <...>
    Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Please try building gdb 8.2 from sources (it is usually straight-forward on Linux systems) and try using it with VisualGDB. If this still doesn’t help, please check where the “tu” variable is defined (identify a specific source file and see whether it’s a global variable, local variable, or a static variable) and double-check that the file defining it is built with -ggdb. If this doesn’t help, please try experimenting with the DWARF format switches (e.g. -gdwarf-2).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.