Switch debugger between Linux and Windows

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Switch debugger between Linux and Windows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    illera88
    Participant

Hi,

I have correctly setup VisualGDB to compile and run code compiled from my Windows system in Linux. But the code I’m writing is multiplatform (using #ifdef) and I would like to know it it works still fine in Windows. How can I tell VisualGDB to use the native Visual studio debugger instead of the already configured?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may want to create a separate Linux and Windows configurations for that. Please check this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/porting/linux/

illera88
    Participant

I tried that but once I create the Linux one even when I select the “Debug” version it stills compiles it and run it in the remote system.

I would like to use the VS compiler for the windows version.

Regards

support
    Keymaster

If you want to add a Windows configuration to an existing VisualGDB project, you can use the VS configuration manager to add it and then switch the configuration type from NMake to Application.

Unless you are using the new MSBuild backend, VisualGDB configurations are normal NMake configurations (from VS point of view) that simply call VisualGDB.exe to do the actual build. If you change them back to normal Application configurations, VisualGDB won’t engage and you will be able to build an debug them normally.

illera88
    Participant

I got it.

The trick was setting cmake as build option.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.