STUCKED!! Issues with ESP32 R.16 toolchain and VisualGDV 5.4

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STUCKED!! Issues with ESP32 R.16 toolchain and VisualGDV 5.4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lzambonelli @mexage
    Participant

Hi Support,

My project (ESP-IDF), after updating both toolchain (R16) and VisualGDB (4.2) does not compile anymore.

At first i had to change manualli project file .vgdbproj and changed to 3.2 path, otherwise VS2017 wasn’t able to open project

<IDFCheckout>
    <Version>release/v3.2</Version>
    <Subdirectory>esp-idf/v3.2</Subdirectory>
    </IDFCheckout>

Then, i’ve cleaned solution, rebuilt and i’m getting

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error undefined reference to `_loader_text_start' SimplyConnect C:/Projects/Mexage/xxx-IOT/source/Debug/bootloader/bootloader_support\libbootloader_support.a(esp_image_format.o)
    Error undefined reference to `_loader_text_end' SimplyConnect C:/Projects/Mexage/xxx-IOT/source/Debug/bootloader/bootloader_support\libbootloader_support.a(esp_image_format.o)
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Update' SimplyConnect C:/Projects/Mexage/xxx-IOT/source/Debug/bootloader/bootloader_support\libbootloader_support.a(flash_partitions.o)
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Final' SimplyConnect C:/Projects/Mexage/xxx-IOT/source/Debug/bootloader/bootloader_support\libbootloader_support.a(flash_partitions.o)
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Init' SimplyConnect C:/Projects/Mexage/xxx-IOT/source/Debug/bootloader/bootloader_support\libbootloader_support.a(flash_partitions.o)
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Init' SimplyConnect C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp-idf\v3.2\components\bootloader_support\src\flash_partitions.c 45
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Update' SimplyConnect C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp-idf\v3.2\components\bootloader_support\src\flash_partitions.c 53
    Error undefined reference to `MD5Final' SimplyConnect C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp-idf\v3.2\components\bootloader_support\src\flash_partitions.c 54

Do you have any idea?

My team cannot work with that issue!

Thanks in advance

Leonardo Zambonelli

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try doing a full project rebuild (Build->Rebuild All). If this doesn’t help, please try creating a new project and if it doesn’t built, reinstall the toolchain.

If nothing helps, you can install the previous ESP-IDF (v3.1) via VisualGDB Project Properties -> ESP-IDF Settings. Simply use the “install” button on the ESP-IDF version selection control.

lzambonelli @mexage
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Already reverted to previous version. Everything works  good

Hope to get the fixed update to R16 as it will be available. It’s strange , because i had the same issue when you updated from 3.0 to 3.1.

Regards

Leonardo

support
    Keymaster

The issue is likely caused by some internal changes between different ESP-IDF versions. Normally doing a full rebuild should fix this (if you can confirm this, we can update VisualGDB to trigger a full rebuild automatically if the project was previously built with a different toolchain).

Please let us know whether a rebuild fixes the problem. If not, please also try creating a new project with the new toolchain and let us know if that works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.