STM32F746 gears.cpp won't build

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32F746 gears.cpp won't build

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    iggyoz
    Participant

Hi, I just installed the Embedded trial of VisualGDB in the hope it would provide a good development platform for my ST32F746NG Discovery board. Unfortunately I’m hitting a wall with even the most basic things like the LCD demo.

I can build and deploy the standard version of the LCD demo which displays a stationary image on the screen but I then followed along the example to add the moving gear sprites, I took the “easy” way out and downloaded the final gears.cpp file.

Unfortunately it won’t build, coming up with 15 or so fatal build errors. Stuff like undeclared identifier ‘widgets’ etc etc.  Are these demos supposed to be bug free/guaranteed to build? (as they should be coming from a commercial vendor to show off how easy it is to use their product).

I also tried applying someones (from these forums) work arounds to build the STemWin demo and it fails as well. Maybe there are too many revisions to the STM system files over a period of months to expect things to keep working?

Cheers,

Iggy

Australia

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that. The STM32 code indeed changes over time and while we automatically test the samples included with VisualGDB, the code in the tutorials and on the forum is not updated that frequently.

We have fixed the gears.cpp file, so you can download the newer version via the old link or simply add “#include <vector>” to the beginning of the file.

Please note that you will also need to enable the “provide default stubs for system calls” in VisualGDB Project Properties and follow the instructions in the tutorial to add the gear icon as a resource.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.