STM32F4-Discovery (USB CDC project) not shown at all in "Device Manager"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32F4-Discovery (USB CDC project) not shown at all in "Device Manager"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maor
    Participant

Hi,

I followed your guide “Making a basic USB CDC project for STM32F4Discovery” (https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/usb/) step by step and the STM32F board not shown at all in “Device Manager” (I mean I don’t even have “COM Port” label).

It’s not a connection problem since I found .hex file on the internet (its CDC project), I download this file to STM32F board by “STM32 ST-LINK Utility” software and the board shown on “Device Manager”.

Do you have an idea what could be the problem??

I guess there is a problem configurations, but really I have no idea ??

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely your PLL settings don’t match the correct ones for your board, so the USB ends up being clocked with an incorrect frequency. We would recommend selecting “STM32CubeMX samples” on the Sample Selection page of the Wizard and then pick a sample that matches your board.

Maor
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I didn’t find any samples for USB Virtual COM Port, can you advise where I can find example for Virtual COM Port?

I’ve seen a number of tutorials that change the value of “Stack_Size” and “Heap_Size” (from 400/200 to 4000/2000) in “Startup_XXX.s”,

”      Stack_Size      EQU     0x00000400

Heap_Size       EQU     0x00000200     ”

I searched and did not find the place of these variables…

Do you know where I can find those variables and change them?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please let us know the board you are using and we could suggest a relevant sample if there is one.

For VisualGDB projects you can setup heap/stack size via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Embedded Frameworks -> Fixed-size stack/heap.

Maor
    Participant

HI,

Thanks for Stack/Heap…

My board is: STM32F429I-Discovery (http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f429idiscovery.html)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have checked the ST examples for the F429I-Discovery board and they indeed don’t include a COM port example. Please try creating a project based on the FatFS_USBDisk example and then copy the system file and the HAL configuration file from it to the regular USB CDC project. This should combine the F429iDiscovery-specific initialization code with the generic USB CDC logic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.