STM32CubeMX firmware newer than VisualGDB firmware – how to fix

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32CubeMX firmware newer than VisualGDB firmware – how to fix

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gigamegawatts
    Participant

Hi,

I updated my version of STM32CubeMX and its F1 firmware package today.

The CubeMX-generated MX_TIM1_Init function is setting a new field in TIM_HandleTypeDef, named AutoReloadPreload.  That field doesn’t exist in the F1 firmware used by VisualGDB, so the build in Visual Studio build fails.

I fixed the error by modifying the CubeMX-generated code, but I’m wondering what’s the proper way to fix a version mismatch between CubeMX and VisualGDB? Should I manually update the firmware libraries being used by VisualGD (i.e. the folders under AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\STM32F1xxxx)?

The CubeMX version is 4.22, the CubeMX F1 firmware version is 1.3.0, the VisualGDB STM32 package version is 4.3 (the latest).

Thanks,

Dan

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are planning to update our STM32 package in the next 1-2 months, so the new devices will be supported then. Until then please try following the legacy device tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/legacy/

You can also try cloning our STM32 BSP generator and running it on the latest STM32 SDK, however this will likely trigger errors due to changes introduced by ST (we will update the generator as a part of our BSP update process).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.