STM32 Bootloader Application Image

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32 Bootloader Application Image

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kellac1
    Participant

After following the instructions to create a bootloader ( found here – https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/bootloader/ ) the bootloader is working properly. I have implemented the STM32 IAP using ethernet and an HTML uploader. However, I am unclear on how to generate a stand alone main application that is compatible with the bootloader. I would like to generate a loadable binary file to use with the bootloader created using your tutorial and uploaded it via the STM32 HTML IAP interface. Is there a tutorial for creating a main application with the memory offsets needed for the bootloader that coincides with the link above?

Thank you for your help.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately we don’t have any specific tutorial for STM32 IAP, so we would recommend checking the STM32 documentation for an example of the memory offsets compatible with the bootloader. If you know the memory offsets, normally applying them should be as easy as just editing the linker script. If this doesn’t work, let us know the memory layout you are trying to get, your current linker script and the behavior you observe and we will help you get it to work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.