Step over F10 – often runs on

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Step over F10 – often runs on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rodcoles
    Participant

I have used VisualGBD to develop my application from scratch in c++ on Ubuntu 12 on both Arm and X86, as my application has got more complex, in particular more threads, I have issues with the debugger just running on when I am stepping through code. I can often step over a few lines, but then for some reason it will just take off when I step when I step over another line. The only way I have found to stop the problem is put multiple breaks below where I want to debug. It seems worse on the arm (BeagleBone) than on X86. Is anyone else having this problem, any suggestions?

Regards,
    Rod

ket
    Participant

Hi,

It could be a gdb issue, which version are you using? Have you tried updating both gcc/gdb to see if that solves the issue?

Please give us a gdb log for further analysis. You can enable diagnostic gdb logging on the GDB settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties. Then start debugging, replicate the issue, stop debugging and give us the log from your project directory.

rodcoles
    Participant

I hadn’t thought about gcc being out of date, I am using 4.7.3. I will update to the latest and see how that effects things.

thanks,
    Rod

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.