Splitting ".vgdbcmake" info into ".user" file

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Splitting ".vgdbcmake" info into ".user" file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kurt
    Participant

Currently, my team members have been manually creating (importing) an Advanced CMake project from our CMakeList.txt, then re-create the Custom Shortcuts, filling out debugging settings, etc. by following instructions in a our wiki.

I want to avoid this by committing the .sln and .vgdbcmake file into git.  The only issue is that the following per-user settings will appear as “modified” in git for each user:

• BuildHost
    • DeploymentHost
    • CMakeTargetSpecificSettings –> Arguments
    • etc

Is it possible to selectively move these items from .vgdbcmake into the .user file, similar to how Visual Studio project does it? (i.e. project settings are saved and committed, and runtime settings are in the .suo).

I’m still seeing this issue (https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/unable-to-export-template/) in 5.4, so I think the export feature is not available yet.  But even if it is available, it might not be clear the user which settings should not be changed, and which settings can be changed (e.g. runtime command line arguments can be changed, but ExistingToolchainFile should not).

I’m guessing there is already a proper way to do this, just that I missed it 🙂

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by kurt.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is actually supported through a different mechanism – custom per-user variables (see this tutorial and also host aliases). You will still need to check in the .vgdbcmake file into source control, but you won’t need to hardcode any per-user settings there. If this doesn’t work, please let us know and we will try to suggest a better way to achieve this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.