Smartty: do not scroll to end on buffer activity

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products Smartty: do not scroll to end on buffer activity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chakie
    Participant

Hi,

Totally new Smartty user here. It looks like a very cool SSH client and the initial impression is that it beats Putty quite easily. I do however have one small issue that makes it very hard for me to use:

Is it possible to not make the buffer not scroll to the end as soon as there is input? My normal use case when working is that I start an application and view its output to the console. Usually there is something interesting in the output and I scroll back a bit and read what’s going on. This however does not work, because as soon as the application prints something else the buffer scrolls to the end and shows the new output. This makes it impossible to scroll back in the buffer to see previous output. The only way is the kill the application so that there is no more output, but this is not something I want to do. Putty has an option Reset scrollback on display activity that I can uncheck which makes it not scroll when there is output, exactly as I like it.

Is there any way to do this?

chakie
    Participant

I assume that this forum is mostly dead and not really read by anyone? Anyway, I reverted to Putty for now and will check out other tools as I can not work with SmarTTY’s silly behavior.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.