Small Feature Request

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Small Feature Request

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    codex653
    Participant

Hey guys. One of the things I’ve noticed when using the Clang Intellisense engine on 5.4R4 is that it struggles finding common C++ headers like <cstdint>, <cstdlib>, etc. If I create a new file and start adding the #includes per usual, the Intellisense and parsing mechanisms get horribly messed up when it can’t find the C++ headers (it underlines it red and I get an error in the Error List window). To fix this I have to close and restart Visual Studio, which is a bit annoying cause I am creating a lot of files at the moment.

I did find that my troubles went away when I added the toolchain’s include directory (C:\SysGCC\arm-eabi\arm-eabi\include) to the Automatic Header Discovery -> Additional Header Search Directories field in the Intellisense Settings page for the project properties. Given that the project knows what toolchain is being used, would it be against your design paradigm to have it automatically search the toolchain include directory for those header files? It’s not a “huge” deal cause I can simply just add it myself, but I figured I would suggest it anyways since it would be one less thing to do when configuring a project. 🙂

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, the behavior you described indicates that some build flags are not being properly handled by the Clang engine. Although adding the standard include directory to the search path might fix the issues in some cases, in other cases it would introduce cryptic errors like “incompatible definition of size_t”, randomly missing functions from IntelliSense suggestions, and broken “find references”.

We can help you pinpoint the root cause of the issues you are encountering – it is fully covered by our support. We have also published a detailed tutorial showing how to track IntelliSense configuration issues here. If it doesn’t help, please feel free to let us know your project type and share the relevant information from the Clang IntelliSense Diagnostics Console (per tutorial) and we will help you get it to work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.