Setting up VisualGDB with Raspberry Pi 3 (Buster)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Setting up VisualGDB with Raspberry Pi 3 (Buster)

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Gast.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elliotwoods
    Participant

Hi there

I have a project where I’m targeting:

• Linux 5.10.52-v7+ armv7l
    • Raspbian Buster
    • Raspberry Pi 3B

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
    PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
    NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
    VERSION_ID="10"
    VERSION="10 (buster)"
    VERSION_CODENAME=buster
    ID=raspbian
    ID_LIKE=debian
    HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
    SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
    BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

I’m trying to set up a simple project for the first time:

(screenshots might break because I can’t actually host them here)

During the testing stage I get the following error:

Toolchain test failed: The target system image does not match the selected toolchain:

Command: lsb_release -c

Output:

Codename: buster

Choosing Retry gives the same error.

Choosing Ignore instantly hides the list of tests (perhaps ignores all tests?)

I then get the message that gdbserver is not installed on the deployment machine.

This error shows every time, even if gdbserver is installed

So anyway click ‘Yes’ and apt pops up and says that the most recent version of gdbserver is already installed.

Now If we try Build Solution we get the following errors:

LinuxProject1.cpp
    Linking VisualGDB/Debug/LinuxProject1...
    c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.exe: c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `log@GLIBC_2.29'</code>
    <code>c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.exe: c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `exp@GLIBC_2.29'

c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.exe: c:/dev/visualgdb/rapsberrypi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/10/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `pow@GLIBC_2.29'
    Build failed: arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe exited with code 1
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    LinuxProject1 built in 00:03
    ========== Build: 0 Succeeded, 1 Failed, 0 Skipped ==========

So the build has failed.

It seems like I’m following the most straightforward process but it’s failing. I tried running synchronise headers and libraries which itself works well, but the build still fails.

I’ll keep trying…

(p.s. ever thought of changing the forum system. This one isn’t very good for code or screenshots)

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by elliotwoods. Reason: formatting broken
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    elliotwoods
    Participant

The only other toolchain available with VisualGDB seems to be the 64bit version, and I’m not running in 64bit Raspbian (e.g. uname -m returns armv7l).

elliotwoods
    Participant

Ah ok – the default Raspberry Pi toolchain is for Bullseye. I didn’t notice that.

Downloading correct toolchain now (selecting the ‘Show old pacakges’ option in toolchains)..

elliotwoods
    Participant

Success!

That was easy once I’d noticed that the toolchain was for Bullseye. I hope this is easy to find for others who hit the same issue.

Gast
    Participant

I am trying to use DAC2Plate with VisualGDB. The example codes are written in Python2.7 and don’t work with Bulleseye.

Is it possible to uses VisualGDB with Buster?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.