Segmentation Error on startup

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Segmentation Error on startup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jodo
    Participant

I am cross compiling for ubuntu 15.10 (to an odroid xu4). The very same project worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Now I get a seg error when the programm is starting. Here are some things I found out by now:

• I can not even use a break point because the seg error occures before the main() is reached
    • The error occures if I want to read a file as a json object anywhere in my code
    • A test programm including such a file reading compilies and runs fine when working directly on the ubuntu machine but fails with the stated error when using visual gdb
    • I believe the error occures since visual gdb did some update about 2 weeks ago. I think it was something about Raspberry Pi. But to be honest I just klicked okay and didn’t read much into it

Any idea what could cause all of this? I have tried forever now, but can not figure out what it is…

Jodo
    Participant

UPDATE: Upgrading from Ubuntu 15.10 to 16.04 fixes the Problem.

22u2
    Participant

Is there a tutorial to follow to do cross compiling on odroid xu4? I would like to develop some app on it with Qt

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t have a tutorial specific to odroid, but most of the steps for Raspberry Pi and other boards should be the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.