Save Makefile settings W/O toolchain verify

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Save Makefile settings W/O toolchain verify

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Char.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Char
    Participant

I need to save my makefile setting without verify toolchain, earlier versions like 4.x  allow do this. I press cancel, then confirm that my toolchain not tested.

There are some scenarios when it needed:

–  i use slow and want build project on another server without download ALL header files.

– i have user account with project in my ~ directory, but when i try to change makefile settings toolchain test always try to get own /tmp/VisualGDB folder. If my user cant chown test loops.

Toolchain Test Error

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Char.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 5.x should still save the settings if you cancel the toolchain test. If it doesn’t could you let us know the exact repro steps? Perhaps some specific setting it not saved?

Regarding the temporary directory, you can actually change it for each host individuall via Tools->SSH Connection Manager->Host-wide settings. E.g. you can create a writable directory under your home directory and choose it.

Char
    Participant

support

Thank you for reply.

When i change any setting in VisualGDB 5.x  on “makefile settings” screen, is not saved until ALL testing steps complete. (build checks, download all headers etc )

If i press cancel / abort in this operation settings not saved.

Last version ask me  something like that – “tool chain test failed, do you really want to save settings?”

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We did test that (made the temporary directory unwritable, then changed some settings, clicked ‘apply’ and then ‘cancel’ when VisualGDB complained about the directory). The settings were saved properly.

Perhaps the problem you are observing only affects some specific settings? Could you provide a more detailed description:

• What setting are you modifying
    • When exactly do you cancel the test
    • What do you expect to be changed
    • How do you verify that it’s not changed

This should help us reproduce the problem on our side.

Char
    Participant

I make video

If i have no saved cache source , it will not save debug=2  until i wait download complite.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed video. We have added a new option to Tools->Options->VisualGDB that controls the behavior when the toolchain test is canceled. It will now ask whether you want to save the settings by default, but you can also change to save always or never.

You can download a build with this feature here: VisualGDB-5.1.4.676.msi

Char
    Participant

Thank you! Its work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.