.S files compiled the same way as .c files issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB .S files compiled the same way as .c files issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dmas
    Participant

Hi,

Considering moving to VisualGDB as our primary development tool.

At the last stages of import from Keil, I am having difficulties matching the batch file to that of Keil.

Primarily, in VisualGDB I can’t get my .S files to compile in a different manner than my c files.

Comparing .BAT files for  irq_cm4f.S  file shows that :

Our Keil project:

For .S files it uses ArmAsm : “C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ArmCompilerforEmbeddedFuSa6.16.2\Bin\ArmAsm” –Via “.\obj\app_migo_stm32wb55vgq\irq_cm4f._ia”, and a unique ._ia file for settings.

( This opposed to C files that have .__i files for configuration and use ArmClang  “C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ArmCompilerforEmbeddedFuSa6.16.2\Bin\ArmClang.exe” @”.\obj\app_migo_stm32wb55vgq\stm32wbxx_hal.__i )

Visual GDB:

All files have the same settings files that end with .rsp. (that got me thinking if that is actually possible to have a different file setting for .S files ?)

In contrary to Keil, it uses ArmClang for .S files:

C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ArmCompilerforEmbeddedFuSa6.16.2\bin\armclang.exe @”VisualGDB/Debug/_2_/PNG_RTX_FUSA_RTOS/CMSIS/RTOS2/RTX/Source/ARM/irq_cm4f.gcc.rsp” || exit 1

I tried ticking “Build assembly files using C files” -> No.  Didn’t help!

How can I match the batch files to create the same compilation output?

Same compilation tool and flags.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by dmas.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by dmas.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This behavior was added because the recent versions of the ARMClang toolchain have deprecated the armasm executable, recommending to build them with armclang instead.

You can always restore the old behavior via VS Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Keil Settings -> General => Build assembly files with the C compiler = false.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.