Run selected tests not working

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Run selected tests not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

I have two unit test projects in one solution. When I “Run All”, all tests run. I’m using segger j-link and I specify the -jtagconf option in the unit test debug settings so that the different unit test projects run on a targeted device in the scan-chain (each unit test project is configured for a different device).

The problem: When I right-click on a unit test in test explorer and select “run selected tests” the test does not run. I get the following in the test output window.

[4/4/2018 1:24:40 PM Informational] ------ Run test started ------
    [4/4/2018 1:24:40 PM Error] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
     at b91.d.DeployAppContainer()
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestContainerConfiguration.QueryDeploymentData()
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestContainerConfiguration.get_RecipeFile()
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestRunConfiguration.<ConvertToCriteria>g__SetSourceToRecipeFile|71_2(TestContainerConfiguration testContainer, IEnumerable`1 tests)
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestRunConfiguration.<ConvertToCriteria>d__71.MoveNext()
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.TestRunRequest.<CreateRequests>d__23.MoveNext()
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.Request.<RunRequests>d__98.MoveNext()
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestWindow.Controller.Request.<ProcessRequest>d__97.MoveNext()
    [4/4/2018 1:24:40 PM Informational] ========== Run test finished: 0 run (0:00:00.0029443) ==========

I have never had more than one unit test project on a VGDB project, so I removed one of the unit test projects from the solution. I get the same problem even with only one test project in the solution.

I know that this has worked for me in the past on other projects, so I’m assuming I have caused this, I’m just not even sure where to begin.

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by dabramson.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by dabramson.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be caused by a problem that was recently solved in our development branch. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2157.msi

dabramson
    Participant

I have just installed VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 3, build 2193. The issue seems to have disappeared.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.