Relative paths

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Relative paths

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hvbill
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to have VisualGDB use relative paths for e.g. IntelliSense Directories?

We will be a bunch of developers working with the same project and the source code location will vary.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, normally you can just use the regular “subdir” or “..\dir\subdir” syntax.

Also for many cases (like SDK directories), VisualGDB handles this automatically and uses generalized paths like $(BSP_ROOT) instead. Feel free to let us know more about your setup so that we could advise how to set it up in the easiest way.

hvbill
    Participant

We’re working in Windows, targeting an ARM-platform. And when I try to replace any of the paths to D:\ (see the attached image) with relative paths, they get replaced with absolute ones the next time a setting is changed that makes VisualGDB test the selected toolchain.

[Edit: uploaded new image]

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by hvbill.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Those paths should be internally stored as relative paths. You can double-check it via VS project properties (not VisualGDB Project Properties) -> NMake -> Additional Include Directories.

VisualGDB applies a few internal transformation to the paths when storing them to allow portability across different machines, so the displayed paths are shown as expanded full paths to avoid confusion.

hvbill
    Participant

I don’t find the Additional Include Directories mentioned above, but there is a line called Include Search Path with similar content (see attached image), and it also use absolute paths.

But in VisualGDP Project Properties -> Makefile settings -> Include directories, I finally found my relative paths. These include paths are stored in debug.mak/gcc_Debug.h with relative paths but as soon as I change something in VisualGDP Project Properties, .vcxproj is updated with absolute paths.

I don’t see how we can avoid to share the .vcxproj file via source control so is there a way to have relative paths there as well?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, Include Search Path is the correct option.

We have rechecked the behavior for the manually added directories and managed to reproduce and fix the issue. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.13.1878.msi

hvbill
    Participant

It works perfectly!

Tack så mycket!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.