Ram disk Sample does not Compile .58 unresoved symbols

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products Ram disk Sample does not Compile .58 unresoved symbols

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,
    Im badly stuck with running the samples in the bazis lib . I got my visual DDK integrated with visual studio 2010 professional and also downloaded bazis lib, but when I build the project I get 58 unresolved externals. I know its because its not able to locate the functions defined in the header files, But i have no clue on where to find those functions and which files to include in the project. Another point worth noting is that when I create a new project using the bus based ram disk template I get a pop up saying System.Argument.exception. Doesnt seem to be a problem with my visual studio installation because everything else works fine and I’ve tried uninstalling and installing visual studio. Any help is extremely appreciated.

Anonymous
    Participant

Гм, это прикол такой ? Оно и так по умолчанию включено в среде, если система мультипроцессорная. Надо же, больше года пользуюсь, как на VS2005 перешёл, а оказывается это тайна :-DСм. ToolsOptionsProjects and SolutionsBuild and Runmaximum number of paaellrl project builds

Anonymous
    Participant

Google translate of that reply:
    Um, is this a joke? Оно и так по умолчанию включено в среде, если система мультипроцессорная. And so it is enabled by default in the environment if the system multiprocessing. Надо же, больше года пользуюсь, как на VS2005 перешёл, а оказывается это тайна It is necessary, use more than a year, as passed on VS2005, but it turns out it’s a mystery См. ToolsOptionsProjects and SolutionsBuild and Runmaximum number of paaellrl project builds See Tools Options Projects and Solutions Build and Run maximum number of paaellrl project builds

Well, that didn’t really help me.. but I’m seeing the same number of unresolved externals. Seems like the bazis lib isn’t built or something. The installer says everything is ok, but I can’t see any lib file that could resolve those externals in the 3.0 beta1 package. I also see the pop-up error when using the wizard, but it seems to generate the project properly anyway – with an .inf file too. It just won’t link.

E.G.
    1>Ramdisk.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete(void *)” (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
    1>Ramdisk.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl npagednew(unsigned int)” (?npagednew@@YAPAXI@Z)
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)” (??2@YAPAXI@Z)
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _malloc
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _puts
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _exit
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _free
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: long __thiscall BazisLib::DDK::Device::CreateDeviceRequestQueue(void)” (?CreateDeviceRequestQueue@Device@DDK@BazisLib@@IAEJXZ)
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual long __thiscall BazisLib::DDK::BusDevice::PDOBase::OnQueryCapabilities(struct _DEVICE_CAPABILITIES *)” (?OnQueryCapabilities@PDOBase@BusDevice@DDK@BazisLib@@MAEJPAU_DEVICE_CAPABILITIES@@@Z)
    1>RamDiskBus.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: long __thiscall BazisLib::DDK::Device::EnqueuePacket(class BazisLib::DDK::IncomingIrp *)” (?EnqueuePacket@Device@DDK@BazisLib@@IAEJPAVIncomingIrp@23@@Z)

and on it goes…

Anonymous
    Participant

Thread is a bit old, but for somebody who will google it: I also had dis problem in VS2010.
    And in VS2008, with VisDDK 1.5.7.

How I solved it:
    1. Used VS2008
    2. Installed VisDDK 1.5.6
    3. Installed BazisLib by clicking button in VisDDK project wizard (remove existing BazisLib, if you have one installed)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.