Qt project with SUBDIRS type

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Qt project with SUBDIRS type

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cwc-developer
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a need to create a semi-large Qt application for a generic Linux target (Lubuntu), so I want to break it up into a main application and several separate libraries (whether static or shared – TBD).

In Qt Creator this would correspond to creating a project with template SUBDIRS and then organizing individual subprojects with their own .pro files in the subdirectories.

How can I create a similar project structure with VS2019 and VisualGDB plugin?

When I create a new project, I can select only one project type “Qt application”, which by default generates .pro file with APP template.

Any guidance would be very welcome!

Alex O.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to create the project structure you described would be to create the regular Application projects and then edit the .pro files, manually switching their type to libraries.

However for advanced Qt-based projects, we would advise using either MSBuild or CMake. Although this requires extra initial setup, such setup would be much more scalable due to better integration with VS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.