Qt Designer

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Qt Designer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hfrmobile
    Participant

Which “Qt Designer” I should use – which is recommended by the VisualGDB guys?

How to configure it properly? (Qt / qmake runs on virtual Ubuntu machine, Visual Studio/GBD under Windows 10 of course).

Using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by hfrmobile.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Qt Designer is very basic (e.g. it won’t show your custom widgets properly unless specifically configured), so you can use any one that works. The one from the Win32 Qt build should suffice.

hfrmobile
    Participant

Installed and configured Win32 Qt and Qt Add-in for Visual Studio. Now I am able to use the Qt Designer  to design the UI (MainWindows.ui file).

But MainWindows.cpp and ui_MainWindows.h are not updated and so I don’t see the changes on the target display.

hfrmobile
    Participant

Found following issue with VisualGDB: When the project resides within a “solution folder” than it doesn’t work.

this works:

myapp1.sln
      myapp1.pro

this fails:

all.sln
      SolutionFolder1
        myapp1.pro
        myapp2.vcproj
      SolutionFolder2
        myapp3.pro

Since I am working on a larger project I like to organize my “sub-projects” within one VS solution.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by hfrmobile.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are using a remote build, please double-check that the file transfer settings for your projects include the directories with the .ui files and have *.ui specified in the masks.

If not, please check that the .pro file specifies proper paths to the .ui files:

FORMS     += MainWindow.ui

The paths should be relative to the directory with the .pro file.

hfrmobile
    Participant

My .pro file contains the correct path to the MainWindow.ui file.

The above structure is only in Visual Studio (on file system its the same – so the paths are correct).

To put this in other words for my sample: myapp1.pro, .ui etc. are on the same place on disk.

FYI: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/haytww03(v=vs.100).aspx

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, then please try modifying the .ui file and build the project. Do you see the “uic’ing <file name>” line? If not, please post the full paths to the .pro file and the .ui file here along with your FORMS = … line from the .pro file so that we could double-check those.

hfrmobile
    Participant

Just found out that the issue is not related to “VS solution folders” since the problem also occurs within VS project/solution without.

Even when I delete the Debug folder on the build host to force re-creation of ui_MainWindow.h, moc_MainWindow.cpp/.o etc. the ui_MainWindow.h file still does not contain code for newly added controls.

I found out that I have to delete the ui_MainWindow.h file from the Windows machine to force recreation since Qt Designer doesn’t do this for me … Doing this in a custom action automatically now and it works fine.

Not sure why this is happening. Must be the “part” responsible for creating the ui_MainWindow.h file … “Qt UI Compiler” … but why is this happening on the Windows machine and not the build host (Ubuntu)?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Qt Designer does not generate the ui_MainWindow.h file. The file should be generated on the Linux machine during compilation and then downloaded back to the Windows side by VisualGDB.

Can you confirm that the ui_MainWindow.h on the Linux machine is still not regenerated?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.