Publish Test Results from TinyEmbeddedTest

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Publish Test Results from TinyEmbeddedTest

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

Hello,

How can you publish test results output by running tinyembeddedtest tests from the command line? I’ve tried each of the formats available (JUnit, NUnit, xUnit, and VSTest) in the standard tfs build task (Publish Test Results), but none of them do the job.

Thanks,

Dave

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can use the /runtests switch of VisualGDB.exe (see this tutorial) to generate an XML file with test results, however we don’t support automatically exporting them to TFS yet. As a temporary workaround, please try converting the output into one of the existing formats (e.g. NUnit) and then using a standard TFS plugin for importing the converted file.

dabramson
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, I’m using /runtests in a command line build step to execute the tests, and I have the XML output. I don’t expect that they would be automatically exported to TFS. But I think the output format should be compatible with one of the formats that the “Publish Test Results” build step understands. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/pipelines/tasks/test/publish-test-results?view=vsts. Better still, a command line parameter to select the test result output schema (the current proprietary one or JUnit for example).

Are there plans to support the standard unit test result formats?

If there are plans do you have a rough timeline?

That would help me decide if I want to put the time into a custom test results converter, as you suggest above.

Thanks,

Dave

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Based on a quick look, we should be able to support one of the TFS-supported formats relatively easily. We should be able to get you a time estimate in the next week. Would that work for you?

dabramson
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, that would would work quite well!

Thanks for the responsiveness.

Dave

dabramson
    Participant

Any word on this feature?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we have added a new command-line option to VisualGDB to export test results in the VSTest format to this build. Please use the following command line:

VisualGDB.exe /runtests <settings file> /vsoutput:<file.trx>

Then publish it using the regular “Publish Test Results” task (ensure you select the VSTest format). Let us know if you have any feedback/suggestions.

dabramson
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the build, and great work! I’m now reporting test result from my embedded STM32 project.

Thanks,

Dave

danluck
    Participant

Very thanks for this feature in release, we use it too in process of Continuous Integration with TFS, test reports correctly understanding by TFS server.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.