Project Settings for using avrdude to flash avr chips

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Project Settings for using avrdude to flash avr chips

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hackl
    Participant

Hi,

I am dealing with Amtel Avr Chips, which have no jtag interface for downloading the firmware to the chip. I use the ISP-Interface for flashing.

I have installed avrdude oh Windows and tested it in combination with eclipse and avr Plugin. It works well.

I need some help in configuring my VisualGDB project to flash the avr firmware with avrdude over the  ISP Interface automatically.

Best Regards.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB primarily focuses on setups that support debugging, so it doesn’t offer out-of-the-box support for FLASHing the non-debuggable chips with avrdude. That said, there’s a very easy workaround for that.

The VisualGDB build process produces the regular ELF files compatible with almost all open-source tools (including avrdude), so running it manually with a VisualGDB-produced executable should work.

If you are using a Custom edition or higher, you can automate this by adding a custom project shortcut (Project->VisualGDB Custom Shortcuts). This will add a custom menu command to the Project menu and the context menu (if using VisualGDB 5.4 preview) that will run an arbitrary command line.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.